04 April, 2011

"Under The Sea"

This was bought at the same time as the "Go On And Kiss The Girl!" and "What Is It?" cels. Again, I almost didn't get this one due to affordability (When buying these things more than one at a time, it frays the purse strings somewhat!). Nevertheless, I was really keen on this cel as it shows Sebastian in his element, in the full swing of the award winning song Under The Sea. His expression is clear (unlike most frames from this shot, which are somewhat distorted).


I haven't actually come to posess this piece physically. When I bought it, I did so under an extended lay-away plan with ArtInsights. I paid the piece off well ahead of time, but opted to leave it at the gallery until I could afford to have it framed or negotiate in trade. It seems, however, that every time I get some money, I buy another cel. Leslie is currently holding four pieces for me, all of which I hope to have framed by her... eventually.

From what I know, there is one cel for sebastian, one or two for some of the clams, and the rest of the clams are on the background. I think the mood of this piece is vibrant, exciting and absolutely wonderful!

This piece cost $1000. Photographic background. Unframed in an ACME cardboard envelope. The authentication seal is in the bottom right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment